Animating a Sprite
Ready to make your very first program? Let’s get started!
In this activity, first, we will learn how to add a backdrop and a sprite on the Stage and then create a small animation to make Tobi move around the Stage. Let’s begin.
Choosing a Backdrop
Follow the steps below to add a backdrop.
And that’s it! Your Stage now looks like a nice huge farm!
Choosing a Sprite
Follow the steps below to add a sprite.
Now, let’s animate it!
Setting the Starting Point
Gliding to Another Point
Adding a Hat Block
The entire script looks like this:
Making Tobi Rotate
Let’s make another small script to make Tobi rotate.
- We will use a turn block from the Motion palette and forever block from the Control palette.
- Let’s add a hat block on this script too. This one will sense when we click Tobi and make it rotate whenever we do so.
Saving the Program
- To save the program, click on File > Save As.
- A window will popup. Choose the location as Desktop or any other relevant folder. Name the file Tobi Walking Animation.
- Click on Save.
Before you move on to the next lesson, a small assignment awaits you!
You must upload the PictoBlox program you wrote in this activity to the website.
Submitting the assignment is a must in order to receive the certificate after completing the course.
Follow the steps below to upload your assignment:
- Click on Choose File.
- Select the image from the pop-up window that opens up.
- Once the image is selected, click on Upload Assignment.